CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The "To Do List" for the "Not To Do" girl.



Okay so now that I have pretty much told everyone and their mother that we were starting this whole e-commerce clothing boutique biz, so it's time to have a plan of action. Where do we start??? as my girlfriend and I are brainstorming ideas at my kitchen table, we literally laughed at ourselves because we just really can't believe that we are going through with this. It seems almost like a joke. Mainly because of the thought of how the economy is and starting the business during the middle of a recession... great timing huh? But as we brainstormed a bit more we realized that people are still shopping!!! the thought of "recession" is thrown out the window once you step foot in the mall. I guess it's our way of dealing with it. For a shopaholic it's even worse. We are capable of getting evicted for a new pair of shoes.. well not to that extent hopefully.. but we have got it bad, you know who you are!


I though a lot, or shall I say I have been googling a lot.. about how to start a boutique biz. I really couldn't find much. Luckily I have close family member that had already been in the biz. She actually started of with a "brick and mortar" store and then progressed to online, So I was able to get a lot of info from her. I was really discouraged though. The more searching I do the less I find on the Internet. I think I may have saved about 3-5 links in my favorites on starting an online boutique.. I think that's pretty sad for the world wide web. As far a s literature I mean yeah, there are a few things out there like http://www.openaboutique.com/ and http://www.entrepreneur.com/ just to mention. I have narrowed my choices down to two or three so I will update you on a book review once I am done. But if you guys have any suggestions let me know!


So far this is what I know for sure we will need to start off with...


A name- Corporation- which I will talk about in another post

Resale License

Logo design and marketing materials.

A Business Plan..very very important

Money..lol! also very important

Business supplies- bags with logo, hand tags, printer, mannequin or dress form for inventory images, clothing rack etc... (quiet area for me to call an office is most important.)

Planning a trip to a trade show to see different vendors.

Website and fixings..(shopping cart,hosting)- also very important! especially when you do business solely online.

A big mouth.

Account with USPS/FEDEX/UPS for shipping packages.

Our Launch Party!!

There is probably a lot more but I am sure I will touch on them throughout the blog.


Now I am not known for being the most organized chick I the world so a to do list will be a challenge. I am what people like to call a procrastinator... I can't help it I work better under pressure! But It's gotta get done, and we are going to do it.... on time.


ta ta for now,

Annmarie








0 comments: