CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not much progress yet.....


Although I am posting later in the day.. I am just thinking about the progress we have made so far..... not much. Well we havent decide on a name yet, Although I really did have a dream about a concept. I woke up the next morning and said to myself this could be it. I even conjured up a story behind it. Attention grabber is the key. Even though I have resigned from my job... I picked up alot of good things like marketing and sales. We are a team though so we must agree on something, an I know "Tiffy" has something good stored in her secret place too. For right now I have just been searching the web to see what is out there in terms of wholesalers. Computers are like crack... I can't get off! No but really I found a few good one's out there, but we are really going to have to attend some tradeshows.


Wholesalers usually make you buy in bulk.. One that I have been eyeing has 2 of each size in a package: 2sm,2m,2L.... sort of thing. Decent prices, but it all falls into what target customers we would be aiming for. That night at my kitchen table.. we had'nt come up with a business plan officially yet but we spoke about not getting too cheap like a "Forever 21" or anthing like that ...but more along the price lines of "Express". I thnk our choice in this case is quality over quantity. Our vision is style for the everyday women and that trends are really just trends! fashion is reflection of who a person is.. it is a legacy and being fashionable doesn't have to mean being trendy. I consider myself to have personal style... Once in a while a will follow a trend but only because I make it look good not the other way around. Our target market should be 20 somethings. Other options out there are dropshipping, which is basically a service where you purchase directly from a supplier and they ship the products for you...instead of placing orders and shipping from home yourself. I really haven't found any drop shippers but I think we prefer seeing the merchandise first before we send it out to our customers. Later on as inventory builds we may choose to have our inventory shipped to a fullfillment service, where it is to be considered somewhat of a storage warehouse and they ship for you instead of actually selling items from their warehouse. It's a good way to take less stress off of your hands when you get really busy with the business

Our first order of business is to get some merchandise to get a feel of what we will be dealing with so that we can move foreward. But we need a Business License and Tax ID.. So I guess that won't be the first order of businesss then...lol!


ta ta for now,

Annmarie-

0 comments: