CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

And the holiday season begins......


Well now that Thanksgiving is over, my family and I are just getting ready to pt up our tree....wait did i just say tree...OMG I can't believe this year is almost over! well if you are like me, this year has been insane. I have gone through school, getting married, a new venture and now a new job. I really hope this new year to really follow my resolutions, but I will be sure to stay away from saying that I will be going to the gym and eating healthy because that is the first thing I fail at. This time I will just do, no need to mention..It's a given right? So Thanksgiving was good as usual and say that literally. Yes it was great to spend time with the family and all but I was really hoping to make my own turkey this year. After all I have made the ham and other fixing 8 years in a row already, I think I am all hammed out! My husband and I were thinking of possibly doing Thanksgiving on our own this year and maybe going "family house hoping" instead of going to our same spot all day. But he made a valid point I must admit. since we will be moving about 4 hours away within the next two years it only makes sense to spend it with family as much as we can, because once we move they won't be around the corner anymore and sadly we may have to spend majority of holidays by ourselves. I slightly agree with that because I don't think that 4 hour drive will stop family from coming to visit...lol!

Okay so long story short, my husband can't keep secrets... I got my Christmas gift early this year. My new SLR camera!!! So excited... this is what is going to help me get those really crisp photos onto our online boutique. I am thinking we may just have someone take the product photos once, and then have them show us how to do it ourselves after that. It just seems very expensive to hire a product photographer all the time, I mean we are talking 10=-20 bucks an item and we have 30-40 products that's over 800 dollars every few months to update our gallery. Overall I am so excited about my new camera, I have been taking photos of everything! So my girlfriend and I haven't meet up yet because of the holidays but we will soon to collaborate our final ideas and get this show on the road. It's hard for both of us to get together mainly because she is a full time student and I am a full time mom, but when we get together we have the best of times.
Narrowing down a few web designers is where we are at right now, It's hard because with owning a business you have have to be a savvy shopper. Being able to have a really good looking website while keeping it affordable is what's important. Yes having a business means taking risks but you don't have to have a hard hit when thins get tough, they have special gear for that and in my world I call it "research".
Ideas just don't fly out of thin air. Every thought is composed of something that has been said or seen before, so my game plan is to scout the competition in the meanwhile. I like to see what ideas other people have come up with for their sites. So far we would really like to have a lookbook . I love event planning so I wanted to incorporate that somehow also. I have also been looking into lighting equipment for the product photos as well as body forms and jewelry displays all together totalling a little over 300 dollars. Packaging is also very important. Although we will have an online store we would like our packaging to speak to our customers when they open our products and also for our ground clients as well. That's looking around 150+ with a custom logo.
So trade shows... yay! so excited but sad I may miss the Magic Trade show beginning of next year. It is only the biggest bestest apparel trade show ever...lol! they have 100's and 100's of booths and vendors ready for retailers. But... I may be in Puerto Rico that same week. I think they have another one in August we can make. LA has a few I would like to attend as well as Chicago and New York but for the most part I have seen a few good online wholesaler sites that would eliminate the cost of the trip.
My new part time job starts tomorrow, I am sooo excited about my new schedule and hopefully I will have some more time to show this venture some love.

ta ta for now!
~A

0 comments: